cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Arbogast <sebastien.arbog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Apache Cocoon in Action" suggestion and call for opinions
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:14:28 GMT
> Why in parallel? Look at http://brutus.apache.org/docs/build/cocoon-2-2/. This
> build already contains an improved structure that is similar to yours that
> reflects Cocoon 2.2 in a better way than the current 2.1 docs do (although
> Upayavira and I discussed this for hours, this doesn't mean that it is carved in
> stone).

I think I didn't insist enough on why I'm thinking of ANOTHER
documentation process.
The objectives of the tutorial I'm thinking of and the ones of the
documentation you're talking about seem to be completely different. In
fact I think that Cocoon needs another level of documentation between
Getting Started guides that can be found in some places, and the
Cocoon reference that already exists and that you guys are starting to
reorganize. Of course it could reuse a few articles of introduction
but as the objectives would be different, the approach would be too
and the aim would be to finally have 3 levels of documentation in a
coherent path like :
1 - Getting started with Cocoon
2 - Cocoon in Action
3 - Cocoon reference
Stop me if I'm wrong but it seems that the third level is what your
documentation is about, not that I deny the interest of it but as a
user I think it's not enough.
And I think it's very important to make things clear and to
differentiate levels of documentation because they correspond to very
different stages in the "learning cocoon" process.
Maybe it could be useful to repost this thread on users list to see
what users think of this idea, if they would find it useful to have
such an intermediate guide.

--
Sebastien ARBOGAST