cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Kiran" <kku...@kheaa.com>
Subject RE: Problem with sharing sessions/ multithreading
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:47:23 GMT
also in the following pipeline, how can I display a html page after the
homepage action is called?

    <map:handle-errors>
	      <map:select type="exception">
			<map:when test="processing">
				  <map:act type="home-page">
						--------------------right
here I need to call a HTML page
				  </map:act>
			</map:when>
	      </map:select>
	    </map:handle-errors>

thanks

Kiran Kumar (Raj)

(502) 696-7203

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Goers [mailto:Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 12:27 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with sharing sessions/ multithreading

Torsten Curdt wrote:

>Don't want to be picky ...but better don't use DCL
>
>http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-05-2001/jw-0525-double.html
>
>cheers

Thanks, that article wasn't too helpful in figuring out why the
technique doesn't work. However, it refreences an article from Alan
Holub that does. From his description, the following version of the DCL
should work fine.  I'm not sure the function actually has to be static.
 From what I could tell synchronized should be sufficient.

Document getDocument()
{
        Request request = ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel);
        Session session = request.getSession(true);
        Document doc = (Document)session.getAttribute("myAttribute");
        if   (doc == null)
        {
             // It is possible for more than one thread to get here at
the same time with doc == null
             syncronize(LOCK);
             {     // So check again. Only the first caller should
actually create the document.
                   doc = (Document)session.getAttribute("myAttribute");
                   if (doc == null)
                   {
                        DocumentBuilderFactory dbf  =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

                        doc = buildDocument(dbf);
                        session.setAttribute("myAttribute", doc);
                    }
             }
        }
        return doc;
}

private static synchronized Document
buildDocument(DocumentBuilderFactory dbf)
{
    return dbf.newDocumentBuilder().newDocument();
}