cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <>
Subject Re: [vote] Switching to refactored JXTG
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:25:34 GMT
Il giorno 13/apr/05, alle 16:47, Daniel Fagerstrom ha scritto:

> I propose that we (in trunk) remove the current JXTG and replace it
> with the refactored JXTG that is part of the Template block. The
> refactored JXTG is supposed to be back compatible with the original
> JXTG and also add the ability to use JXTG in the same way in a non
> flow context. The only change will be that one has to include the
> Template block to get JXTG it will not be part of core anymore. We
> change the class name of the refactored JXTG to that of the old one.

I just have a small fear about this. If we switch to the refactored
JXTG in 2.2, we will have three branches to work on:

- fixing bugs in the old JXTG in 2.1, even though no new features are
- fixing bugs in the refactored JXTG in 2.2 and maybe adding new
features, since 2.2 is going to stay around for a long time.
- developing the new TemplateGenerator.

As long as the refactored JXTG is backward compatible, what's stopping
us from dropping the old one completely?

Ugo Cei
Tech Blog:
Wine & Food Blog:

View raw message