cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <>
Subject Rationalising CForms Flowscript Params
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:55:20 GMT
Hi All

During the process of stabilising CForms could we please consider
rationalising the parameters sent to forms.js from the sitemap?

This really bugs me :

<map:call function="handleForm">
	<map:parameter name="function" value="myFunction"/>
	<map:parameter name="form-definition" value="model.xml"/>
	<map:parameter name="bindingURI" value="binding.xml"/>

Can we come up with better matching names for these please ?
Names that have a similar case and/or hyphenation scheme?

form-function, form-model, form-binding
form-function, form-definition, form-binding
formFunction, formModel, formBinding
formFunction, formModelURI, formBindingURI
function, modelURI, bindingURI

etc etc.

I do not really mind what they are, but they should at least look as if
they are within the same concern.

I propose that the old names are used if the new ones were not supplied
but a deprecation notice is logged, then later they can be taken out.

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME

                         Always check the label, folks !!!!!

View raw message