cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manually specifying a mounted sub sitemap's context
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:17:07 GMT
On Apr 10, 2005 10:17 PM, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> wrote:
> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>
> >However, if it's agreed once and for all that
> >dynamic sitemaps are to be considered harmful, so be it and let's
> >enforce it: it slipped through already, and now it doesn't work
> >anymore because of a bug. A check failing with an error message would
> >be enough to prevent stupid people like me to try it again in the
> >future (even though there will always be the http route...).
> >

> Well, as long as there is the http route, blocking "cocoon:" will just
> lead people to use an uglier workaround which you just engraved in the
> archives for posterity ;-)

Hey, I wasn't the first one to suggest that ;-)

> So if we're to enforce something, it should be that a sitemap is a file,
> or a classpath resource (yes, I have this usecase).

Yep. Tricky, though: I sure can imagine sitemaps stored anywhere (why
not a JSR170 repo? or a webdav server? as long as it's static
stuff...), and blocking this possibility just to avoid (ab)use of
possibly dynamic protocols such as cocoon or http could be a bit too
much. I'd rather go for a big fat warning then...

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino