cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Do we want a GUI installer?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:42:34 GMT
On Jue, 14 de Abril de 2005, 10:20, Upayavira dijo:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Le 14 avr. 05, à 11:15, Upayavira a écrit :
>>
>>> ...In the work I've been doing with Snapbridge recently, I came across
>>> a rather neat GUI installer, that basically provides a front end to
>>> Ant...
>>

>> I remember a discussion a while ago about building a WebStart-based
>> installer.
>>
>> People were strongly against it, the point being that it's better for
>> people to fail early rather than erroneously believe that Cocoon is a
>> point-and-click tool
>>
>> I think the need to manually edit some config files remains a good way
>> of showing people what kind of skillset and mindset is needed to use
>> Cocoon today - I wouldn't bother about GUI config tools unless they're
>> integrated in a cohesive IDE.
>
> No probs. I'll just keep this tool in my personal toolbox then.

What about an sourceforge project?

The "only" problem I see here are the (L)GPL-ed libs used. AFAIK an SF
project is better than a personal toolbox. ;-)

People will use it and try it if this is avaliable. We we gladly can add a
link in cocoon website.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo