cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [CocoonInAction] 2 new articles
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:30:28 GMT
On Dom, 17 de Abril de 2005, 13:52, Sebastien Arbogast dijo:
> Wow wow wow...
> I didn't intend to trigger some kind of "civil war" ;o)

I think this is not going to happen.

AFAIK, Erick point is:

"Cocoon community often say the comparison matrix is not fair. OK, lets
fix it."

And I think this is a correct approach. This is truly fair. As other
pointed out, lets better tell him where we think this is not fair.

> I think that what you say, Erik, makes sense but do you really think
> it's the right place for that kind of advocacy. I mean... what would
> you think if you were in your bank talking with your banker and
> someone from the competitor bank on the other side of the road enters
> and gives arguments for his own products. Even if some are true, none
> of them seem fair to me.

We are not bankers. This is a public list. If we want to improve cocoon,
lets hear what other have to said. :-)

> Personaly I don't think that this is the ideal spot for such a discussion.

Sorry, but if not here, then where? This is the best place to discuss
this. This is the official cocoon dev community mail list, I don't want to
subscribe to other place or googling to know about this.

>  Maybe you could have made comments
> on Cocoon In Action website, directly related with the article at the
> origin of this subject, by reviewing the article of posting comments
> on forums. Or maybe direct emails to people concerned (like Sylvain
> for example).

Are you doing the same advocacy that you critized few lines above? ;-)

> Anyway, as I said this was not my first intention, I didn't want to
> bring that kind of comparison to this list which is (if I remember
> well) dedicated do Cocoon development.

To me comparison is part of development. A path to improve or enhance
whatever piece of code? That is good after all. ;-)

> So I sincerely hope that this
> conversation will not degenerate into some kind of ideological argue.

Nope. I will like to hear Erick points and to make better the matrix
posted on the orbeon website.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo