cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Leicester <mark.leices...@efurbishment.com>
Subject What is the community looking for?
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 23:50:11 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to analyse what the Cocoon community wants from itself.
Examining the referrer logs for PlanetCocoon (last week of March)
yielded the following top 30 search terms:

9	cforms
7	torsten curdt
6	how to get label value bean value in javascript
4	adam ratcliffe
4	cform cocoon
4	cocoon createbinding
4	cowarp
4	i18n cocoon
4	javaflow cocoon
4	planetcocoon
3	bugzilla 34077
3	calculator jxtemplate
3	cannot compile cocoon
3	cocoon fom
3	content is not allowed in prolog
3	ehcache
3	hibernate cforms cocoon
3	jxtemplate
3	nullpointerexception
3	ralph goers
3	xquerytransformer
3	yves vindevogel
2	_i18n cocoon
2	antonio gallardo
2	anyware technologies cocoon plugin
2	avalon-framework leak
2	bruno dumon
2	build failed: could not create task or type of type: if.
2	caching cocoon
2	cforms cocoon

In a very rough and subjective analysis, it seems to me that Cocooners
are looking for information about:
Cforms  35
People  21
Errors  16
Flow    7
I18n    6
Caching 5

Ideas:
1. Cocoon Forms examples. I am going to add more recipes on
PlanetCocoon, and port the samples to documents. Is there anyone else
working on this?
2. Information about cocoon developers. Let's create people pages,
showing who has done what, indicating expertise, links to blogs etc. At
the moment we have the personal pages on the Wiki. I'll start with
those.
3. Errors. Perhaps we could create a hotline, where (in connection with
the suggestion in 2.) we can better target queries at people with the
ability to answer them? Establish a collective of cforms experts, etc.

Do you think the results of the above are typical? What are Cocoon
bloggers finding in their referrer logs? Do we have access to the
Apache site logs? What do people think about using this approach to
work out priority topics to document?

Cheers,
Mark