cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoonlet
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:39:37 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Our current (controversial ;) ) plan is to consider the sitemap and the
> component aspect of the original block proposal as separate concerns and
> (at least initially) solve them separately.

I propose less controversial plan.

As the first step, implement what you call "sitemap blocks", but call them
simply "blocks". Own classloader, full classloading isolation, block protocol,
exposing direct sitemap components: generators, transformers, serializers.

As the second step, implement "components block" *on top of* "sitemap blocks".
This introduces second classloader (one is public, to share component
interfaces, and one is private, to contain components implementation and
libraries), and logic for managing classloader trees. Still call it simply "block".

Vadim