cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoonlet
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:37:33 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 27 avr. 05, à 16:41, Daniel Fagerstrom a écrit :
>
>> ...Then we need a name for "sitemap blocks". I propose to call them
>> "cocoonlets"...
>

> Frankly, I don't like the name - most of these "-let" names sound bad
> to me.
>
>> ....But I don't think the names "component block" and "sitemap block"
>> are any good...
>

> Dunno, I think they are fairly simple to explain:
>
> A Component Block contains dynamically loadable java components, meant
> to be used in java or flowscript code.
>
> A Sitemap Block contains dynamically loadable pipeline elements
> (Generators, Transformers, Serializers), meant to be used in sitemap
> pipelines.

Might be but it misses the most important aspect of the sitemap blocks,
i.e. that they are a kind of light weight Cocoons that contain an own
(sub) webapp and that talk to each other through the block protocol. So
they primary role is as an active service rather than being a passive
package of components.

/Daniel