cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Download of jars with Maven ant tasks
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:40:42 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
>>> Would it be legally acceptable to link also to non-Apache licensed
>>> stuff?
>>> (Provided it is made available in a repository somewhere.)
>>

>> IANAL ...but I reckon that should be
>> ok. Problem is - mocks are still not
>> ok ...so it does not buy us much.
>>
>> ...I still don't get why mocks are
>> a problem - this license stuff sucks
>> so badly *grrrr*
>
> In order to create a mock you have to copy a specific class interface
> that someone designed.

I don't think that this solved the problem. If you download e.g. some LGPL
library you will use it somewhere in your code, otherwise it is useless. The
problem is the *use* IIUC ...

To be on the safe side, we will have to wait for real blocks as they can cut all
direct dependencies (--> one block only has a requirement on a block interface
and not on a block implementation.)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc