cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Initial version of spring-app block
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:08:32 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
<snip/>
> Thanks. Hmm, your idea reminds me a little bit of our unified object
> model discussion. We discussed some time ago to open up the object model
> of Cocoon, so users can add their own "accessors" (or whatever you call
> them). Currently in flow you have access to the request object, to the
> parameters object etc. With own accessors you have access to some
> configured objects, so you can write:
> cocoon.myAccessor.something() in flow and configure your accessor
> "somewhere" (perhaps cocoon.xconf) as an extension to the object model.
> The advantage then would be that you could also use this in other parts
> of cocoon, like the sitemap or jxtg etc.
> So, this is similar to your idea apart from a) a different configuration
> location and b) a slightly different part (you have to access everything
> via the cocoon object).
<snip/>

It reminded me about that discussion also.

I wrote some code for the accessors. You can find it in
o.a.c.components.accessor in the template block. There are test code
also that illustrates confoguration.

I havn't start to use them in template yet as I wanted back compability
and didn't found any good way to implement cocoon.parameters. The
accessors have access to the object model and the service manager but
not in any natural way to the sitemap parameters. Any ideas?

/Daniel