cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New JCR block
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:53:39 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just committed a new JCR block. This block provides two features: a
> Repository component, and a "jcr:" protocol.

Awesome news!

> The Repository component is nothing more than the standard
> javax.jcr.Repository interface, but provides a way to centrally define
> how to access the repository (Jackrabbit conf file, JNDI, etc) and how
> to obtain credentials to log into the repository. There's currently only
> one concrete implementation that uses Jackrabbit.

That's very cool... I needed something like this for Linotype.

> The JCR source factory is more interesting, as it provides a traversable
> and modifiable source that hides away the details of the repository
> structure and node types. To achieve this, we need to configure it by
> defining a mapping from node types to "files" and "folders" that will be
> visible through the "jcr:" protocol.
>
> The result is that we can now use a JCR repository in Cocoon just like
> we use the regular filesystem.
>
> As an example, here's how this source factory is configured for the
> standard filesystem-like node types defined by JCR:
>     <component-instance
> class="org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory" name="jcr">
>       <folder-node type="rep:root"  new-file="nt:file"
> new-folder="nt:folder"/>
>       <folder-node type="nt:folder" new-file="nt:file"/>
>       <file-node type="nt:file" content-path="jcr:content"
> content-type="nt:resource"/>
>       <file-node type="nt:linkedFile" content-ref="jcr:content"/>
>       <content-node type="nt:resource"
>             content-prop="jcr:data"
>             mimetype-prop="jcr:mimeType"
>             lastmodified-prop="jcr:lastModified"
>             validity-prop="jcr:lastModified"/>
>     </component-instance>

how do you expand the prefixes in the attribute values?

> More detailed information about this configuration is given in
> o.a.c.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory's javadoc.
>
> This source factory is still a bit primitive regarding all features
> provided by JCR. Future enhancements include querying the repository,
> handling workspaces, node properties, versions, etc.
>
> Your feedback and opinions about this initial implementation and its
> future evolutions are more than welcome!

In linotype, what I needed was a way to store new items in the
repository and then query the repository for the last n in reversed
chronological order (LIFO).

There are many ways we can glue query capabilities to JCR in cocoon, I
would like to discuss with you people what is best way to do that and
what are the requirements.

--
Stefano.