cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: svn commit: r164112 - in /cocoon: blocks/core/forms/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/binding/ blocks/supported/portal/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/portlet/ trunk/ trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/ trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/bean/ trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/core/ trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/core/container/ trunk/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/ trunk/src/test/org/apache/cocoon/ trunk/src/test/org/apache/cocoon/core/container/
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:16:08 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Sorry, that I broke something - I will look into it asap, but the
> current code of the core is not test-friendly. So I think it's better to
> refactor the code until it is more test-friendly than to make the tests
> run. And I fear this will take some time; as soon as the tests are
> running again, we see that we are finished. Apart from the tests is
> anything else broken?

Not that I know, but I havn't checked. I did a quick fix that helped the
test cases I need right now.

I'm also refactoring the SitemapTestCase that I use for fuctional test
to use Core and CoreUtil.

> Currently, I don't have a real roadmap I'm folling. When I have time,
> I'm just trying to clean up the core. The vision I have is to make it
> very easy to create new environments and remove all duplicate code,
> followed by making it easier to write own components and followed by
> enabling monitoring and runtime administration of the core. So if you
> want a roadmap this is all I can give you right now :)

Seem like a good plan.

> Again, sorry for breaking something.
No problem, just got a little bit irritated when I had to dive into your
code changes instead of doing what I planned to do. OTH I learned a
little bit more about the core and started some test case refactoring
that I need to do sooner or later anyway.

/Daniel