cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JXTG further development
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:43:03 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> - make jx:import evaluated while parsing and not at runtime.
After reviewing the code I think there is no need for that.

This is the current procedure:
Parsing:
1. Store expression that will resolve to script uri at runtime

Execution:
2. Resolve script uri value
3. Get script from script manager
    a) lookup from cache
    b) if not in cache
       - resolve uri source
       - parse
       - store in cache

The only thing we skip when itroducing <jx:import src="static-uri"/> is
resolving script uri value at runtime. After first page hit the imported
script is cached separately anyway. It has to be looked up anyway -
otherwise we get the same problem as today with xslt: you have to touch
main xslt if you change the imported ones.

Let's leave the feature not changed.

--
Leszek Gawron                                                 MobileBox
lgawron@apache.org                              http://www.mobilebox.pl