cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Java components in blocks
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 07:43:11 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>> Maybe it had the appearance but I can't believe this. (Recently I
>>> had a discussion with Sylvain and he really wants this feature too.
>>> So we are at least three ;-) )
>>
>> Might be, we still need to know the use cases to provide a good
>> solution. Any comments to what I suggested in my response? BTW I
>> rather meant:
>> var result = cocoon.sendPageAndWait("block:myblockA://confirmDialog",
>> {msg: "areYouSure"});
>

> A part from that this changes the contract of sendPageAndWait (returns
> a continuation),

The response object could be made available in an extra argument
instead. Also we could have VPC flowscript functions as long as their
return values are restricted to what is part of the "core" classloader.

> I would prefer the explicit call of flowscript functions of other blocks.

Anything else would have been a suprise to me ;)

> I think the usecases are quite clear (reuse a flowscript function of
> another block and use it the same way as a local function) but we
> shouldn't discuss this  ATM. Let's wait until Pier and you have set up
> the base infrastructure (Block[s]Manager + some basic classloader
> isoluation) and then we will see what is (easily) possible and what not.

Good, it feels rather abstract to discuss whats missing in something we
haven't implemented or tried.

/Daiel