cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: Java components in blocks
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 05:28:26 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>> Maybe not, but those are areas that are rather vague anyway, we where
>>> the only ones who thought it had much importance the last time we
>>> discussed it.
>> Maybe it had the appearance but I can't believe this. (Recently I had
>> a discussion with Sylvain and he really wants this feature too. So we
>> are at least three ;-) )
> Might be, we still need to know the use cases to provide a good
> solution. Any comments to what I suggested in my response? BTW I rather
> meant:
> var result = cocoon.sendPageAndWait("block:myblockA://confirmDialog",
> {msg: "areYouSure"});

A part from that this changes the contract of sendPageAndWait (returns a
continuation) I would prefer the explicit call of flowscript functions of other

I think the usecases are quite clear (reuse a flowscript function of another
block and use it the same way as a local function) but we shouldn't discuss this
  ATM. Let's wait until Pier and you have set up the base infrastructure
(Block[s]Manager + some basic classloader isoluation) and then we will see what
is (easily) possible and what not.