cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Bruchez <e...@bruchez.org>
Subject Re: [CocoonInAction] 2 new articles
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:53:46 GMT
Mats wrote:

 > A lot of statements about cocoon have no description of the
 > functionality or the possibilities, instead they focus on "Not
 > recommended", "yes, but limited", "possible but not encouraged",
 > "Undocumented. May be possible with TrAX."  To me this is pure
 > marketing junk. :)

It's interesting to know that this is the effect that comparison
matrix can have. This said, I will stop mentioning the name of our
project here. As Sebastien pointed out, it is a Cocoon development
mailing-list. I just wanted to react to the criticism that the
comparison had "wrong" points, and mention my frustration of not
hearing specifics. Now I have heard a couple, and will try to act on
that. But keep in mind that it is a very difficult exercise to compare
technological solutions, and it is even more difficult to do so
without being criticized.

 > I certainly donĀ“t want you to get offended by this mail, Erik.

Not at all!

-Erik