cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mats <m...@alma.nu>
Subject Re: [CocoonInAction] 2 new articles
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:25:43 GMT
Well,
different people have different needs and different visions on how to
develop applications. There is no right or wrong. The comparison at
orbeons site may or may not be correct, but Erik and the developers over
at Orbeon are trying to market their product. In doing that they made a
comparison that, in my view, isn´t particularly objective. A lot of
statements about cocoon have no description of the functionality or the
possibilities, instead they focus on "Not recommended", "yes, but
limited", "possible but not encouraged", "Undocumented. May be possible
with TrAX."
To me this is pure marketing junk. :)
However, Erik has the right to voice his opinion on this list as has
everyone else.
I may not agree with him and I believe most of his claims that Orbeon is
a "better" tool than Cocoon are based on his subjective views and
nothing else.

I certainly don´t want you to get offended by this mail, Erik.
I merely wanted to point that people have different perspectives on
things, there are probably things that are great about Orbeon and there
are probably things about Cocoon that suck.
However, a more in-depth comparison between the two would be
interesting, maybe you could describe the process you used when you did
your comparison?

Best regards,
Mats