cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Pope <benpop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing sessions.. change to JDK1.5
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:14:50 GMT
Kumar, Kiran wrote:
> does any give me an overview of what exactly I need to on using concurrent
> utils to create non-shareable DOM objects

We're probably in the wrong place to be discussing general concurrent
programming issues.

Try here for a basic guide to the concurrent package:
http://java.sun.com/developer/JDCTechTips/2005/tt0216.html#1

I haven't really been following your thread here as it's not really
presented in an easy-to-read format, so I'm not sure what you require.

If you want to create a "non-shareable DOM object" don't give the other
threads access to it!  If you want to protect it from concurrent access,
whilst allowing multiple threads to access it, at different times, then
semaphores are probably what you're after.

Ben