cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Java components in blocks
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:44:06 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> My vision is quite simple... How many _COMPONENT_ interfaces we need
> for Cocoon? Probably 3:
>
> "Generator"
> "Transformer"
> "Serializer"
>
> (well, you might have another 2 or 3 of them but do you see the point?)

Please take a look at the Portal and then explain how the above works
for that.  There are a heck of a lot more components that someone
building a portal needs to configure besides these.  Sitemap components
are only uses in Cocoon Portlets.  While each Portal request is fired
off by the PortalGenerator, it invokes a lot of elements that are
configured by whoever puts together the portal.

Ralph