cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JX generates weird NameSpace???
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:02:02 GMT
Ben Pope wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> oceatoon wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone
>>> Is anybody aware of such a thing as JX generating a weirds namespaces??
>>> <head xmlns:%@$#^@#="%@$#^@#">
>>> weird !! and blocking...grrrr
>>>
>>> This seems to happen only on a cforms / jx mixed page, I tested
>>> simple jx is
>>> ok.
>>>

>> Fixed. The problem comes from the fact that including macros starts
>> some prefix mappings and ends them with no elements inbetween, and
>> this seems to confuse Xalan a lot. This was a blocker for
>> Ajax-in-CForms as Firefox's parser was failing on error when
>> encountering this namespace.
>>
>> I added a o.a.c.xml.RedundantNamespacesFilter class that filters the
>> output of JXTG to ensure namespaces are not mulitply declared and
>> that empty namespaces scopes are filtered out.
>

> Could this be made into a transformer and still used for it's given
> purpose?
>
> Or perhaps wrap it with a transformer?
>
> Seems to be that would make a pretty useful transformer... much of
> what I output as xhtml has redundant namespaces and fails validation.
>
> I've had a little look at the source, and it seems that it would not
> require much work to have that as a transformer.

IMO it shouldn't be made a transformer, but the underlying
NamespaceSupport class should be used in every transformer to handle
start/stop prefix mapping.

I plan to refactor it so that it's easier to use and also to filter out
namespaces a transformer is supposed to consume (e.g. i18n, ft,
xinclude, etc).

Sylvain