cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Pope <benpop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JX generates weird NameSpace???
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:06:17 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> oceatoon wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone
>> Is anybody aware of such a thing as JX generating a weirds namespaces??
>> <head xmlns:%@$#^@#="%@$#^@#">
>> weird !! and blocking...grrrr
>>
>> This seems to happen only on a cforms / jx mixed page, I tested simple
>> jx is
>> ok.
>>

> Fixed. The problem comes from the fact that including macros starts some
> prefix mappings and ends them with no elements inbetween, and this seems
> to confuse Xalan a lot. This was a blocker for Ajax-in-CForms as
> Firefox's parser was failing on error when encountering this namespace.
>
> I added a o.a.c.xml.RedundantNamespacesFilter class that filters the
> output of JXTG to ensure namespaces are not mulitply declared and that
> empty namespaces scopes are filtered out.

Could this be made into a transformer and still used for it's given purpose?

Or perhaps wrap it with a transformer?

Seems to be that would make a pretty useful transformer... much of what
I output as xhtml has redundant namespaces and fails validation.

I've had a little look at the source, and it seems that it would not
require much work to have that as a transformer.

I did give it a go, but didn't know what to put in the setup method and
wound up with a NPE.

Ben