cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Sitemap Listeners
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:49:03 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Why two separate interfaces?

We have two different events and someone might only be interested in one
of the two events. If your component needs both it can simply implement
both interfaces.
Separating the interfaces makes it a little bit easier to add new events
later on: a new event is then an additional interface. If we would use
one interface, adding a new event would require to change the interface
which is incompatible then.
I know we could solve such problems with abstract classes as well. So
it's a matter of like/dislike of one particular solution. I personally
don't care how we do it. I like the separate interface approach more,
but we can have one single interface as well.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/