cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Transparent and automatic AJAX support for CForms
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:23:39 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
<snip/>
> Doh! I understand why you say "promising" :-(
>
> I tested it successfully with Firefox 1.0 on MacOS and Windows and IE 6.
> The behaviour you describe with Firefox is what I had to fight a lot
> with: Node.importNode() effectively imports nodes, but that doesn't mean
> they're considered as HTML nodes, in which case only their text is
> displayed.

I hate this behaviour, I implemented an "AJAX" menu tree (dynamic
downloading and uppdating of sub menues) for our internal webapps long
time ago. I developed it for IE usage and have spent quite some time
trying to port it to Mozilla and Firefox whithout success :(

> If you look at the new DOMUtils.importNode() in the new cforms.js,
> you'll see the quirks I used to workaround this weirdness: use ".xml"
> and ".innerHTML" properties with IE, and traverse the node tree for
> other browsers. I'm far from being a JS-on-browsers expert, so that may
> for sure not be the most "compatible" solution.

Will take a look at your workarounds.

/Daniel