cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [vote] Switching to refactored JXTG
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:21:40 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

>>> i also just noticed that the old JXTemplateGenerator has a dependency
>>> on rhino (which means it does not work in a pure javaflow environment)
>>>
>> The new one also does. Rhino along with JEXL is used for this kind of
>> statements:
>>
>> <jx:set name="map" value="${java.util.HashMap()}"/>
>> or
>>
>> ${Packages.com.mycompany.formatter.MyJuicyFormatter.format(
>> bean.value, cocoon.consumer )}
>>
>> We haven't found a replacement yet.
I meant there is no replacement yet. I remember our discussion :)

> We have discussed configurable and unified environment (object model)
> handling: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=110963091600004&r=1&w=2, which
> would mean that you can decide what you want JXTG to depend on, e.g. if
> it should allow the use of Java packages in expressions or not.
>
> I started on a prototype:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/blocks/unsupported/template/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/accessor/

> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/blocks/unsupported/template/trunk/test/org/apache/cocoon/components/accessor/

I missed that code though.

> but there are other things that has higher priority for me, so if no one
> else jumps on it it will take some while before anything happens.
I have some doubts if we are able to make new JXTG official, create a
CTemplate and work on it without duplicating the code.

For example: I would like to start working on implementing a
jx:attribute. Apart from new tag I will have to create some kind of
enhanced ContentHandler that also takes attributes as events. This means
that official jxtg should not define jx:attribute and not use that new
ContentHandler.