cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [vote] Switching to refactored JXTG
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:08:08 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>
>>> Please cast your votes:
>>>
>>> [X ] Let's switch to the refactored JXTG in trunk!
>>> [ ] It can wait.
>>>
>>> [ X] Mark the Template block core.
>>> [ ] I suggest ...
>>

>> i also just noticed that the old JXTemplateGenerator has a dependency
>> on rhino (which means it does not work in a pure javaflow environment)
>>
> The new one also does. Rhino along with JEXL is used for this kind of
> statements:
>
> <jx:set name="map" value="${java.util.HashMap()}"/>
> or
>
> ${Packages.com.mycompany.formatter.MyJuicyFormatter.format( bean.value,
> cocoon.consumer )}
>
> We haven't found a replacement yet.

We have discussed configurable and unified environment (object model)
handling: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=110963091600004&r=1&w=2, which
would mean that you can decide what you want JXTG to depend on, e.g. if
it should allow the use of Java packages in expressions or not.

I started on a prototype:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/blocks/unsupported/template/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/accessor/
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/blocks/unsupported/template/trunk/test/org/apache/cocoon/components/accessor/

but there are other things that has higher priority for me, so if no one
else jumps on it it will take some while before anything happens.

/Daniel