cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CocoonInAction] 2 new articles
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:09:00 GMT
Sebastien Arbogast wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just some fresh news about our starting project. 2 new articles were
> published on Cocoon In Action community website.
> <http://www.epseelon.org/cocooninaction>
> - Project objectives -> Motivation
> <http://www.epseelon.org/cocooninaction/index.php?module=subjects&func=viewpage&pageid=6>

<rant>
Why is Orbeon "the first one"? FYI, Cocoon started in 1999. Orbeon
claims to be standards-compliant but it's not much more than Cocoon is,
and Cocoon's architecture brings much more potential to *integrate*
implementation of standards.

Yeah, they claim XForms compliance. But how much of XForms? Not that
much more than what XMLForm was providing in Cocoon 2 years ago when we
decided to abandon it because a server-side XForm implementation is
either overly complex or too much limited.

Also being a W3C member means nothing regarding the quality of a
company: you just have to pay [1] to be a W3C member.
</rant>

BTW, I tried to register on your site to comment on the article, but it
constantly refused my login.

Sylvain

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Prospectus/Joining