cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Daisy as a docs editor (was Re: [CocoonInAction] Opening announce)
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:59:39 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>> One question: How are approved documents saved again in the SVN
>>> repository?
>>

>> Right now, they are not. However, it is my intention to create such a
>> link at some point in the future, but there needs to be some thought
>> about how this will happen, or even if it needs to since the daisy
>> repository is, itself version controlled.
>

> ok, you mean replacing the SVN repository and only use Daisy?

The content for our site needs to be in SVN. That's how the ASF and
board maintain their oversight, they know where to look for IP 'owned'
by Apache. If we start storing it elsewhere, we remove the ability for
Apache members to know where ASF content is.

Having said that, there's nothing to stop us using Daisy to maintain the
content, and then having some kind of 'hook' to get the edited content
back into ASF SVN. How that would work, I don't know, but I'm sure it
can be done, somehow!

Regards, Upayavira