cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira>
Subject Re: Do we want a GUI installer?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:21:28 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> On Jue, 14 de Abril de 2005, 10:20, Upayavira dijo:
>>Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>>I remember a discussion a while ago about building a WebStart-based
>>>People were strongly against it, the point being that it's better for
>>>people to fail early rather than erroneously believe that Cocoon is a
>>>point-and-click tool
>>>I think the need to manually edit some config files remains a good way
>>>of showing people what kind of skillset and mindset is needed to use
>>>Cocoon today - I wouldn't bother about GUI config tools unless they're
>>>integrated in a cohesive IDE.
>>No probs. I'll just keep this tool in my personal toolbox then.
> What about an sourceforge project?
> The "only" problem I see here are the (L)GPL-ed libs used. AFAIK an SF
> project is better than a personal toolbox. ;-)
> People will use it and try it if this is avaliable. We we gladly can add a
> link in cocoon website.

The installer itself is on Sourceforge. My installer is just a single
config file for that. If I were to commit this to Cocoon, I'd talk to
the developer to get licenses changed.

But it seems that people aren't that keen anyway. And I'm not really
interested in maintaining this elsewhere.

So, doesn't seem to be a go-er.

Regards, Upayavira

View raw message