cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r159493 - cocoon/trunk/src/webapp/WEB-INF/logkit.xconf
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:08:44 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>>>With 2.2 we can make it configurable using properties; so you can
>>>overwrite the value on startup.
>>>
>>>Carsten
>>>

>>how ? :)
>>

> With Cocoon 2.2 you can provide a cocoon-settings.properties file in the
> context directory of Cocoon and specify any property in this file, like
> hello=world
>
> Then you can use these properties throughout the cocoon.xconf and logkit
> configuration: ${hello}.
>
> With the cocoon-settings.properties you provide the default value and
> via commandline you can override the values "-Dhello=cocoon".
>
> [1] has a short description; I will write some config docs as soon as I
> have more time :(
>
> Carsten
>
> [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110857478808645&w=2
That is a very nice feature. I really think we should start a multi user
blog. It would be much easier for you to report that to the world. We
could introduce some blog entry states like
- "to be documented"
- "ported to official docs"

Then you just put the blog post on the web and after sometime even
someone else may just pick it up and put into official documentation.