cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r159493 - cocoon/trunk/src/webapp/WEB-INF/logkit.xconf
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:55:41 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

>>With 2.2 we can make it configurable using properties; so you can
>>overwrite the value on startup.
>>
>>Carsten
>>

> how ? :)

With Cocoon 2.2 you can provide a cocoon-settings.properties file in the
context directory of Cocoon and specify any property in this file, like
hello=world

Then you can use these properties throughout the cocoon.xconf and logkit
configuration: ${hello}.

With the cocoon-settings.properties you provide the default value and
via commandline you can override the values "-Dhello=cocoon".

[1] has a short description; I will write some config docs as soon as I
have more time :(

Carsten

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110857478808645&w=2

http://www.s-und-n.de