cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [vote] Switching to refactored JXTG
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:24:54 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 13 avr. 05, à 16:47, Daniel Fagerstrom a écrit :
>
>> ...There are certainly things left to do in the refactoring but
>> everything is supposed to work as it is right now...
>

> Before voting, what worries me slightly is the "supposed to work" bit.
>
> I didn't look into the new stuff yet, are there tests (automated or not)
> to help make a more precise assessment?

Of course :)
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/blocks/unsupported/template/trunk/test/org/apache/cocoon/

I wouldn't dare trying to refactor such a complicated beast as JXTG
whithout automated testing. Two of the testcases that use the expression
  #{$cocoon/request/protocol} fails, but they fails for the original
JXTG as well, this has to do, IIRC, with Sylvain's and Carsten's
refactoring of environment handling in flow.

With supposed to work, I meant that its impossible to grant that we
didn't introduce bugs in functionality we didn't thought of testing.
Also its quite some while since I tested it outside the testing
framework, maybe Leszek has more recent experiences, of running it out
in the wild.

Although I love automatic testing and wouldn't develop any Java code
without it, it is still limited by ones creativity in thinking out test
cases. The only "certain" test method is to put it into real use whith
more users, which we ask for being allowed to do now.

We are of courses dedicated to fix or help fixing any problem that might
occur.

/Daniel