cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Directory structure of blocks
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:10:27 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Absolutely we do, but not in the very first phase of blocks. Blocks,
> in my view, addess separate concerns from the classes they require for
> the implementation of the virtual sitemap components that they expose
> to other blocks.
>
> At the beginning, and that's what we agreed a couple of months ago, we
> completely disregard all those classloading issues by implementing the
> block paradigms without touching those, as those concerns will have to
> be addressed by the component manager underlying the whole systems.
>
> But re-adding libraries and classes into the pictures, tells us that
> we do _now_ have to think about the class-loading issues, and multiple
> versions of same interfaces, multiple versions of classes and so on...
>
> Making the whole process a load more complicated from the outset, and
> when (IMVHO) class-loading and cocoon block deployments are two
> completely separate concerns...
>
>     Pier

I'm having trouble understanding what you are proposing.  If I
understand you, you don't want components in the block. So where do the
components reside? In the cocoon core?
Can you explain this in relation to the portal block?  From what you are
saying I'm not sure there would even be a portal block.