cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Switching to refactored JXTG
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:04:05 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> [+1] Let's switch to the refactored JXTG in trunk!
> [ ] It can wait.
>
> [+1] Mark the Template block core.
> [ ] I suggest ...
>
> [+1] Keep JXTG functionality as is and put template development efforts
> in CTemplate
> [ ] Add new things to JXTG while keeping it back compatible
> [ ] Add new things to JXTG and allow back in compatibilities

I haven't tested cTemplate yet (I trust Leszek and you!) but making it the
default will certainly lead to a bigger user base - at least I will use it in my
current projects and this will increase the pressure to make it completly
backwards compatible if there are some open issues.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc