cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Directory structure of blocks
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:07:09 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>>classloading cumbersomeness...

(probably you meant flexibility here? ;-P)

<snip/>

> Ok, long story, short question: do we plan to support such scenaries
> with real blocks? I really hope so :)

As Pier outlined in snipped parts above, it's achievable goal. We would have to
build blocks hierarchy, and corresponding classloader hierarchy. Interface
blocks are going to be loaded by parent classloader, while implementation
block(s) and consumer block(s) will have own child classloaders.

This gives level of isolation necessary to run different version of hybernate
(or what have you) within same Cocoon core.

Just a thought... If we allow consumer block's classloader to have multiple
parents, which are classloaders of all interface blocks, then this will free us
up from building block hierarchies.

Vadim