cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject JXTG further development
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:40:31 GMT
The JXTG refactoring is somewhat stalled. I have no time lately to do
serious coding and Daniel went into more complicated things.  I'd like
to discuss the development scenario and list what's left.

Some threads ago we have agreed that JXTG should be replaced with it's
refactored version ASAP.

We could do it in 2.2 even now. We'll see fast what incompatibilities
were introduced and fix them.

Second thing is further development that is totally backward
incompatible. What course of action do we take? Daniel suggested we
should clone the code now making current state the official JXTG and
develop new features in a separate code.
WDYT?

Things left to implement we know of:
- refactoring of template parser. I do not quite get what we will gain
   here. Daniel could you make some comments about how should it look
   like - I do not know where to start from because I have no idea of
   what I want to achieve here.
- introduce jx:attribute
- make jx:import evaluated while parsing and not at runtime.
- fix jx:import bug
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111329909419717&w=2
- introduce pluggable convertors
what more?

Looks like I might have more time next weeks so it's important for me to
have your opinion now.