cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ann/RFC] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:39:01 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>

>> So I don't see this so much as an implementation question as a
>> conceptual question. Are we considering the VPCs as sitemap
>> components or something else, to me they look like sitemap components.
>

> Conceptually, I think VPCs are components first and foremost. So they
> are responsible for parsing their own configuration.
>
> Fact that it is being parsed now by outer TreeProcessor is a shortcut
> I took. If VPC creates own inner treeprocessing environment and
> appropriate node builder (PipelineNodeBuilder, probably), it will be
> completely independent of outer TreeProcessor.

Which can lead to weird things where you can have sitemap statements in
cocoon.xconf or in an external file included in the sitemap's
<map:components> section.

I really have mixed feelings about all this. Yes, VPCs are regular
components, but do we want to allow sitemap code to slip out into so
many files? Having a separate section forbids this.

Sylvain