cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [Ann/RFC] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:24:11 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> So I don't see this so much as an implementation question as a
> conceptual question. Are we considering the VPCs as sitemap components
> or something else, to me they look like sitemap components.

Conceptually, I think VPCs are components first and foremost. So they are
responsible for parsing their own configuration.

Fact that it is being parsed now by outer TreeProcessor is a shortcut I took. If
VPC creates own inner treeprocessing environment and appropriate node builder
(PipelineNodeBuilder, probably), it will be completely independent of outer
TreeProcessor.

(I think I'm repeating myself)

Vadim