cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ann/RFC] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:08:59 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Uh? Are you saying that any <map:generator> without a class attribute
> will be interpreted as a VPC?

Well, a little more complex than this, a generator is virtual if:

  1) doesn't have a src attribute
  2) his first child is <generator>
  3) contains zero or more following transformers

a transformer is virtual if:

  1) doesn't have a src attribute
  2) contains one or more <transformer>

a serializer is virtual if:

  1) doesn't have a src attribute
  2) contains zero or more <transformer>
  3) its last child is a <serializer>

[still have to decide about selectors]

> -1 as it will produce erroneous "sitemap
> syntax error" messages when it should be "missing class attribute".

that can be fixed in a completely back-compatible way, as for the above
rationale.

 From the outside, there is no difference between a virtual generator
and a generator, therefore I don't see why there should be a difference
in the schema semantics that define them.

--
Stefano.