cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Manually specifying a mounted sub sitemap's context
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:48:14 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Yes, indeed.
>
> I mean, look at you: sitemap via webdav? via JCR170? what's next?
> SOAP? what about describing the sitemap in LDAP directly, you could
> use netinfo to edit it! hmmm, no, wait, what about sitemap via email?
> you post the sitemap attached to an email to a mailing list and then
> the last becomes the published one?

Actually, I'm kind of surprised at your response to this one.  Storing
the sitemap in a CMS makes perfect sense to me since logically it is
perceived as nothing more than a "versioned" file system.   This would
allow site administrators to modify the application without having to
rebuild or redeploy the web app while automatically maintaining it is a
version control system.   However, to be honest, I'd only use this
during development. In production I'd force the CMS to publish the
sitemap to the file system to perform better.

Ironically, this is exactly what we do (retrieve from CMS in "work" mode
and from files in "live" mode) with all our web content, including the
portal layouts. Our sitemaps are static however.

Ralph