cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [Ann/RFC] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:44:16 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> virtual readers? hmmmm, never thought of that one. What does that buy
> you? I mean, it's not harmful to have it, but do you see any real use
> of that?

Consider an application using graphical buttons. You may want be able to
either read images on the filesystem or generate them on the fly by
combining an SVG prototype with some i18n dictionary :

<map:match pattern="buttons/*.jpg">
  <map:read type="button" src="{1}"/>

The reader will be (yes, I love this syntax :-) )
  <map:generate src="buttons-prototype.svg"/>
  <map:transform src="insert-i18n-key-in-svg.xsl"/>
  <map:transform type="i18n"/>
  <map:serialize type="svg2jpg"/>