cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Ann/RFC] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:57:30 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> It seems weird to me to see sitemap statements in the
>>> <map:components> section. But they're also used as any other
>>> component. Hmm...
>>>
>>> What about either:
>>> - leave them in <map:components> but with special element names, e.g.
>>> <map:virtual-generator> that maps to the VirtualPipelineGenerator class
>>

>> It can be
>>   <map:components>
>>     <map:generators>
>>       <map:virtual name="a">
>>
>> That's enough information to build it.
>>

>>> - or separate them in a <map:virtual-components> section just as we
>>> have today <map:resources> and <map:views>?
>>

>> What would happen with default component? If we go this route,

>>    </map:components>
>>
>>    <map:virtual>
>>      <map:transformers default="???">
>>        <map:transformer name="a">
>>        </map:transformer>
>>      </map:transformers>
>>    </map:virtual>
>>
>> What will be in place of "???", and how this would relate to the
>> default transformer in the map:components section?
>
> Good point. So let's go for <map:virtual-blah> in <map:components>.

No, what does that buy you? <generator> means it generates, who cares
how it's implemented?

Keep in mind that VPC will be used normally from another block, so the
using block really doesn't care if it's virtual or real, and the
defining block is not really going to be cleaner having a mix of
<generator> and <virtual-generator>

If you rationale is for sitemap editors, it's easy to differentiate
already: a virtual generator won't have the class attribute.

--
Stefano.