cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Manually specifying a mounted sub sitemap's context
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:44:17 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> So, if you think there is a functionality missing in the sitemap,
>> propose a way to fix it, don't propose a way for you to route around it.
>

> I agree with Stefano. And AFAIU the problem that has led to this
> discussion will go away with real blocks and virtual sitemap components:
>
> <quote name="Jochen">
> My main reason for
> this is that I want to hide the nuts and bolts of sitemaps from site
> maintainers and just want to give them a limited subset (or high-level XML
> description) for the one specific site that is easy to understand and
> maintain. So why not pre-generate it?
> </qoute>

Yes, indeed.

I mean, look at you: sitemap via webdav? via JCR170? what's next? SOAP?
what about describing the sitemap in LDAP directly, you could use
netinfo to edit it! hmmm, no, wait, what about sitemap via email? you
post the sitemap attached to an email to a mailing list and then the
last becomes the published one?

FS.

This sitemap dynamic loading is a workaround for the inability for
cocoon to componentize the webapp space and the work on blocks (yes,
it's happening, as you can see from Reinhard's and Daniel's commits!).

My -1 remains.

--
Stefano.