cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Directory structure of blocks
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:50:23 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Ok, I had some remembrance that we had decided to have a particular
> directory structure on the COBs, but I couldn't find any documentation
> on that, do you have any link or example?

no. But AFAIK there aren't many rules. Those that I know of are:

Blocks have a block.xml descriptor and a COB-INF directory, that can contain a
directory "classes" and "lib".
The block's root sitemap (if there exists any) is defined by the block.xml.

I don't know why we named it "COB-INF" but there was (still is?) a good reason
for this because I remember some long discussion. Apart from this I'm not sure
where to put "block.xml". In analogy to WAR files it should be "COB-INF/block.xml".

If the reasons for COB-INF vanished in the meantime, I propose following
directory structure:

[cocoon block] [DIR]

  +-- BLOCK-INF [DIR]
       +-- block.xml