cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Starting to work on the Block[s]Manager (was: svn commit: r160667 - in cocoon/whiteboard/block-deployer)
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:19:14 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

<snip/>

>> The SingleBlockLocator should be in src/impl/ rather test/junit I
>> assume. Now it is not found during compilation.
>

> fixed, thanks for reviewing
>
> (being happy that at least one person has had a look at it :-) )

Not so much to be happy about yet ;) I checked out the code and tried to
compile it.

The reason for that is that I want to start working on the
Block[s]Manager and the block protocol. After the recent discussion
about the block protocol I think we know enough to be able to implement
the sitemap based part of real blocks. We still need to research more
about how to export components, but we can take care about that in the
next step.

To be able to start I need some deployed blocks and a wiring.xml to test
things against. Do you have any suggestions about how to achieve that?
Can the block deployer deploy blocks yet? Do you have any deployed
example blocks somewhere?

I think that it would be best to have some deployed blocks with wiring
that are checked in into the SVN, possibly in within the block-deployer
area. Then I could use that as an external svn link into trunk for the
testing. By keeping the example deployment in the block-deployer it will
be easier to keep the block deployer and the block manager in synch.

WDYT?

/Daniel