cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: 2.2 Documentation page naming
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:07:03 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 11 avr. 05, à 12:02, Upayavira a écrit :
>
>> I've written a script that will convert old 2.1/2.2 documentation into
>> the proposed new format. However, because we're switching from a
>> hierarchical to a flat naming, we need a mapping between documents. I
>> have committed a document that shows my proposed mapping. Please
>> comment/correct/update....
>
> I haven't looked in detail yet, but it would be good to keep the "old
> path" information to have a traceable history of the move. If your
> script could add the old pathnames (like "developing/httprequest.html")
> to the meta.xml, for example, it might be useful.

That would be pretty easy.

> Also, are you planning to use the c21_ prefix convention for old docs?
> My idea with the move was to do it in two stages:

> a) move somedoc.html to c21_somedoc and add it to the "legacy" tab
> b) review c21_somedoc, and if we decide to keep it move it to somedoc or
> to a better name

Ah, I now see what you mean. I was planning to put the docs into a
different repository, and move them that way. You're proposing to put
them all into the new repository straight away, and just svn move the
files/folders as we work through them. That sounds reasonable enough.

> In this way, changes and decisions are traceable in SVN.

Yup.

> This also means that your name mappings are not terribly important at
> this stage, it's only in b) that the new name must be well chosen.

Definitely. I will take this approach and commit the docs to the live
trunk docs repos with a prefix. Expect some big commits in the next
couple of days!

I'll prefix the blocks docs with c21-block-<blockname>, so that the docs
survive before we can move them into another docs repository.

Regards, Upayavira