cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Manually specifying a mounted sub sitemap's context
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:42:59 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Well, as long as there is the http route, blocking "cocoon:" will just
> lead people to use an uglier workaround which you just engraved in the
> archives for posterity ;-)
>
> So if we're to enforce something, it should be that a sitemap is a file,
> or a classpath resource (yes, I have this usecase).

And we (and others as well) have the use case to read a sitemap (and all
resources) from webdav which currently works very well. So, I don't see
any real sense in blocking specific protocols while allowing others. Let
the users decide for themselves where they want to have their sitemaps
stored. We can encourage people to use the file system but we shouldn't
force them.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/