cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory layout problem with htmlunit tests
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:40:33 GMT
Nathaniel Alfred wrote:

> [...]
yet tried) easy to embed into other Java apps. So, when the junit JVM stops, so does Jetty.

That's exactly the idea.

>Currently htmlunit requires a more advanced version of httpclient and Rhino than Cocoon
allows.  So you don't really want to run both in the same JVM.

This like the exact same problem that led to writing
ParanoidCocoonServlet. We just have to lauch Jetty (and all the Cocoon
stuff) into its own, shielded ParanoidClassLoader.

>But what about simply having ant targets to start and stop jetty which are wrapped as
dependendies around the htmlunit-tests target.  "cocoon.sh servlet" would then become a synonym
for "build.sh start-cocoon".

This requires two processes, and more importantly a fixed TCP port,
which may be problematic in batch environments running parallel builds
like Gump.

Sylvain