cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: The value of src/core (or lack thereof)
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:43:55 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 7 avr. 05, à 12:39, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>
>> ...Since we recently added support for other component containers
>> _inside_ ECM++, what is now the real value of src/core? Not much IMO.
>>
>> So I propose to remove src/core and move all its content to src/java...
>

> +1
>
> Should we also deprecate the direct use of ECM++ in some way,

> and encourage people to use other containers at the application level?
>
> -Bertrand

We should IMO not deprecate it in the meaning that we are going to stop
support it. Considering the amount of user code that probably depends on
the Avalon framework we should support it for a long time.

But we could certainly encourage people to use other containers in our
documentation, if we think that our support for that already is good
enough (haven't tried it yet).

/Daniel